Mason recently turned 3! It was the first year of him really understanding what was happening. Read on to see what I mean…
- They still need to nap
- They literally have no idea what’s going on
- They want to eat everything including the balloons, balloon strings and weights
- It can be overwhelming for them.
- They don’t really have any friends. So it’s more a party for you and family to celebrate
- They go nuts from the taste of cake/sugar
- You’ll need baby friendly food
- If you have other babies coming you need to think about changing facilities, soft/cushioned areas to sit/play and high chairs
- A bit more aware but not really understanding what’s happening
- Still might need a nap
- Still a little overwhelming for them.
- Toddler friendly food and snacks will be needed.
- Will 100% want to grab the candles when they’re lit
- High chairs and changing facilities still needed
- Concept of sharing or getting along with other kids is far fetched… so prepare for clashes and tantrums.
- Fully understands the concept of birthdays and parties
- You can use it as a bribe/threaten cancelling it for weeks before 😂
- Has little mates who are all just as excited
- The party is more about the kids than parents and family!
- Toilet trained… potties may be needed
- They can take instruction/play games etc
- Usually a bouncy castle is all they really need
- Will be into something like cars, dinosaurs or unicorns etc so it can be themed – we ordered a party in a box spider man theme from Stardust Parties using code carey20 for 20% off. All the props etc you see are from them!
- Balloons are always a winner… helium and air filled just dotted around on the floor!
- Food is easy- finger food; hummus, breads, veg sticks and dip, fruit, nuggets chips, pizza etc. They literally eat everything and can feed themselves
- They become obsessed with any bit of tat in the party bags! (We included a whistle each… the parents loved us for that 🤣)
- Their excitement, innocence and absolute appreciation is heart warming!
- They will keep telling you about how it was the best day ever!
- I’m planning to post a full blog on Mason’s 3rd Birthday Party as it was AMAZING and we used some brilliant (and reasonably priced – which is hard to come by in Dubai) suppliers that I’d love to share with you all!
One more thing… If you like what you’ve read please sign up for my monthly newsletter and exclusive discount codes below. (IT’S FREE!!!) ❤️