So here’s the thing… I’m not really a writer, actress or model (as you can probably tell from my little spelling/grammatical mistakes and sometimes, more often than not, awkward pictures/videos)!!! But the even crazier thing is that since starting my blog in August 2018 I’ve actually been published on different platforms and featured on various advertising campaigns… Totally surreal I know! Keep reading to see where…
- With Mason being in Nursery at the time I was asked to write a review of the communication between parents and teachers for Education UAE Magazine. The feature is called Silence or Nagging and is in their June 2019 edition on pages 54 to 57. Click here to see it!
- I’m by no means a fashion icon (far from it actually) and I shop mostly for comfort, practically and affordability. Click here to read my interview for Dubai Fashion News where I speak honestly about becoming a Mum, making time for self care and dressing my new found curves!
- Coming up with meal plans, deciding what to cook, going to the grocery store and wasted ingredients really bug me. I was invited to review the let’s cook meal prep recipe boxes on behalf of Expat Woman Magazine. Check it out here!
- The pregnancy and post partum journey can be physically (and emotionally) strenuous. That’s why I agreed to review post partum physiotherapy treatments for Expat Woman magazine. Click here to check it out!
- We had an incorrect gender reveal with Ellis when we thought he was a girl and then told he was in fact a boy (we wouldn’t change him for the world) I spoke about this with Pureborn (the nappy brand) as part of their real women campaign. You can see it here!
- I shot an advertising campaign for a hair products brand specifically designed to tackle hair problems that people face in the UAE. i.e Weather damage. I was just 5 weeks post partum after having Ellis here! Click here to see the video!
- Again, stepping out of my comfort zone I filmed an advert for a water company, it was very scripted and I was really nervous having done a lot of takes. Following a script, whilst looking directly into the camera and taking direction is not easy… all whilst being sensitive to the region and product. So here it is… It’s a little cringe but nevertheless an amazing company to represent and a great experience!
- YES, Awards… not something I thought would ever happen but I’ve been nominated for Parenting & Lifestyle Influencer of the Year 2020 by MBC Magazine! Click here to see the details and vote. Eeek!
Follow our expat family journey by signing up for my monthly newsletter and exclusive discount codes below. (IT’S FREE!!!) ❤️