This naughty little bake is super easy and great to make with kids. Apple crumble is a family favourite… Keep reading to see the full recipe, there’s a GF option too!!!
Baking with kids
Bake with your kids they said… It’ll be fun they said. Let’s be honest, sometimes it’s stressful, messy and frustrating… This recipe is really easy and the crumble is like a sensory activity!
I usually pre measure the ingredients and preheat the oven. Everything is set up on a large surface area that’s a suitable height for Mason so he can get involved. He absolutely loves baking and it’s really good for his gross motor skills!
Take a look at him making the apple crumble ❤️
Apple Crumble Recipe
What you need
- 3 apples
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 175g or 1 & 1/4 cups Plain flour (for a gluten free alternative you can use blended rolled oats instead, simply measure out your rolled oats and pop them in a blender to get the desired consistency)
- 110g or 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 110g or 1/2 cold unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp rolled oat
What to do
Preheat oven at 180 fan assisted
- Wash, peel and core the apples
- Dice evenly
- In a bowl coat evenly with sugar
- Place apple mix in an oven proof dish
- Add flour and sugar to a large bowl
- Add cold sliced butter
- Rub with fingertips to get a coarse sand texture – don’t over work the mix.
- Pour crumble over the apple mix.
- Start in the middle and use a fork to spread and pat down.
- Sprinkle oats on top
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and the apples are soft.
- Serve warm with ice cream or custard
More easy bakes
I’ll be sharing more easy child friendly bakes soon! To keep in the know and access exclusive giveaways and discount codes sign up below. It’s free! ❤️